Monday, January 25, 2016

A Teenager's View on Education Technology

2. In summary, this article was about how effective or ineffective technology is in education. Tablets are ineffective because the students are usually not being watched when they are using tablets, therefore there is no telling what they are doing.  Teacher websites are also ineffective when teachers make it very hard to navigate. Google classroom, Khan Academy, and Twitter are effective in education because they are user friendly. Basically this article talks about different types of technology and why it works or does not work in education.

I am not a social media-holic like she describes herself. However, I do agree with some of the things she is saying. Like her, I am an "old timey pin and paper type of gal." I like to write everything down, I learn better this way. I like a hard copy that I can personally draw on and high light things in different colors. I want a physical piece of paper to have with me and not a document saved somewhere on a computer. I do not like how all my teachers use something different. In math I used a different website than in English. All of my classes are lecture classes but everything we do is online. Teachers just expect us to know how to use these websites that are not always user friendly. Then it is hard to remember what class uses what website. For me, I liked having to write everything down and bringing physical paper to my teacher to turn in my homework or classwork. I tend to forget more about assignments that are online than the assignments that are physically handed to me on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment