4. This article is about ten ways to engage students with technology. Using audio or video to provide feedback. Digital portfolios that can be shared and commented on by peers, teachers, and parents to encourage students to do the best they can in their works. Blended learning, social media, game-based learning, tracking progress, visual literacy, designed thinking, and reaching individuals and groups are more of the ways the article says with help the students stay engaged in learning.
I agree and disagree with this article. Personally, I am old fashion. I like to write things down. When I get feedback, I also like it written down. So visual learning, and audio or video feedback would not be for me. Teachers like to use all different kinds of technology to provide feedback like said in the article, "Google Docs, screen casts, Evernote, Livescribe pen, you name it." When every teacher uses something different, sometime it is difficult to remember where to go to find the feedback. To me, it is easier to receive a paper with written words on it. I am a hands on learner and doer. I learn best by writing things down or doing it. I want to be able to touch my notes, papers, folders, etc. On a computer, I cannot really do that. However, for some students I do agree that a digital portfolio could be successful. People do like to show off, and if everyone has access to the digital portfolio I think students would try harder to simply impress peers. I do have social media, but I do not really care for it. I do think it could work for some people, but I do not think it is for me. I am more of a game-base learner. Games are hands on and will make you do something so that helps me understand the material better. I am not the best with technology, that is why I am not really for using technology for school. Technology is a big change from the old fashion pen and paper. Like some people, I am not good with change. It will just take time for me to get used to before I can agree with using technology to help stay engaged in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment